|My New 2016 Polk Salad Recipe
|I decided to try a new recipe this year for my Polk Salad. I basically followed the
same recipe as making mustard greens.
- First gather the young smaller leaves with the least stems and wash them
- Place in a large baggie and sprinkle with water, place in refrigerator
- Cover the leaves with water in a pan and boil
- After boiling pour off the water and reboil
- Do this three times (remember Polk contains poison) POLK IS POISON
- Spray the pan with Pam and place washed greens in.
- Add Beef Broth or Chicken Broth (I used beef)
- Add small amount of butter
- Cook until tender, stirring. Did not time, but probably about 5 minutes
- Ready to serve...Very Good!!
THE BOOK WHERE i GOT SOME OF MY INFORMATION